fitnessgaming ltd has been established to bring the best commercial and consumer fitness gaming and gaming peripheral products to Europe. Our focus is on making exercise and activity something that, until now, it has rarely been - FUN. With growing problems of obesity in both the adult and child populations finding ways to make participation in exercise attractive are essential to reversing this trend.
We only sell fitness gaming products, with a focus on bringing fun into fitness for all users no matter what their age. However we are not interested in fads or gimmicks. The fitnessgaming products have to meet a strict set of criteria that ensure they deliver real results and are sustainable without losing the gaming aspect. Products differ in their levels of activity and gameability, so we have created the fitnessgaming rating system to cover both of these dimensions:
On the fitness side the criteria we require products to meet are:
- Level of activity affects performance in the game
- Adjustable activity levels so all the family/users with different levels of fitness can participate and gain a benefit.
- The activity must have a positive impact on at least 2 of the key health and skill related components of fitness. The components being body-composition, cardiovascular fitness, flexibility, muscular endurance, strength, agility, balance, coordination, power, reaction time, and speed.
- Fitness performance can be monitored and improvement recorded
- The activity provides progressive health and skill related fitness challenges
On the gaming side we require products to meet the following criteria:
- The activity interacts directly with a console type game - so Family Ski Holiday uses the Wii balance board to affect what happens on the screen.
- You can go online and compete with other players.
- Your game performance can be monitored and recorded
- The game is immersive - demands all of your attention, you don't have to keep breaking off
- The game is progressive in difficulty, with rewards for doing so.
Our rating system awards a red star for each of the fitness factors, and a blue star for each of the gaming features, to provide a summary rating that takes account of both sides of fitnessgaming and yet with real substance behind it. This provides a quick and easy reference for all purchasers when comparing different types of fitness gaming product.
The two principals of fitnessgaming are Martin Wild and Duncan Black. Between them they have over 35 years experience in the fitness industry covering the key components of finance, operations, sales and marketing at Director level. Over the past 3 years they have been heavily involved in the growing impact of fitness gaming products in the Education, Local Authority and private sector.