Workshop title: ActivKids Dance Mat Workshop
Workshop duration: 4 hours
The ActivKids Dance Mat Master Class provides dance mat users and leaders of Dance Mat activities, the opportunity to maximise the benefits of any dance mat system. The new influx of dance mat systems into schools, youth settings and leisure facilities allow people to attend dance mat sessions in the same way as they may attend aerobics or fitness classes and have them as part of a wider offering. The key, however, is to ensure that these users are fully engaged in the activity and keep coming back! This is never more important than when working with children and young people, who have the potential to become distracted and choose to 'vote with their feet'!
This workshop will look at:
Games and activities that can be introduced into dance mat
- Linking dance mat classes into KS1, KS2 and KS3 objectives,
both in curriculum time and extended school hours
- Providing ideas and templates for competitions and other commercial opportunities
- Using dance mats as an early intervention tool for preventing anti-social behaviour through outreach programmes and intergenerational classes.
Identify benefits of dance mat use
- Establish key dance mat techniques
- Learn how to engage multiple users on a limited number of
- Learn how to set up dance mat competitions
- Identify age specific games
- Plan and prepare dance mat sessions
- Identify national objectives and how dance mats can support
- Identify other opportunities for dance mat use
This Master Class is aimed at instructors, personal trainers, group exercise teachers, youth leaders and teachers who will become dance mat session leaders. However candidates must be technically
competent to deliver whatever activity.
Formative; completion of independent learning activities
Students receive a training manual and certificate on completion of the course.